School is back in session which means that everyone gets busy. It’s challenging to ensure that you have healthy meals for the family each night once activities and homework start. That’s why family meal prepping for the week can be so valuable. It doesn’t have to be complicated. You can cook up a handful of items and set them aside in your refrigerator and freezer. Once you get home for the evening it’s just heat and serve.
Cooking at home has a wealth of benefits including:
- You know exactly what you are eating.
- It’s more economical than eating out.
- If members of your family have food allergies or sensitives you can ensure you avoid any potential aggravations.
- You can serve a variety of balanced meals.
- You typically consume less sodium.
- On average if you aim to make healthy meals you will almost always do better than if you were at a restaurant.
In today’s Fox 10 news segment we share our tips on how to prepare healthy meals for the week. Below is a menu for your entire week plus we’ve included a shopping list with every item you will need to prepare our week of meals. The best time to prepare is on Sunday if possible. If you have leftovers you can also use them for lunches.
Get organized before you hit the grocery store and download the shopping list below. Make sure you have plenty of containers to store and freeze the items you prepare, slice and dice for the week. Download and Print the colorful Family Meal Prep for the Week Chart and place it on your refrigerator. This way, there are NO SURPRISES for the family as to what dinner will be, especially if it’s a busy night of school activities. Make sure to check out our other tasty RECIPES for more healthy ideas and desserts.