- 4 garnet yams (Yams and sweet potatoes can be interchangeable in this recipe).
- ½ tbs. garlic powder or fresh minced garlic
- ½ tbs. onion powder
- ½ tbs. turmeric
- ½ tbs. celery flakes
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. Dice yams into small squares. Consider using a cooking tool for ease of dicing if desired.
2. Place diced yams into large mixing bowl, add spices and mix.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat on stove.
4. Once warm add yam mixture to skillet.
5. Toss everything in skillet allowing yams to brown then cover skillet to soften hash. (Approximately 15 minutes).
6. While yams cook, spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray and crack eggs. (It’s easiest to cook two eggs at a time). Cook on medium low sunny-side up style (cooked throughout with a soft/warm yolk.)
7. Divide hash onto four plates and top each with a sunny-side up egg.
8. Add pepper to top if desired.
Photo Credit: Stephanie Heymann